Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.30:
- Added support for advanced geocache logging with OpenCaching.com. See TrailTech(http://garmin.blogs....cachingcom.html) for more information.
- Added Garmin Spanner mode to GPSMAP 78, GPSMAP 78s, and GPSMAP 78sc devices
- Fixed issue with multilingual custom POI files
- Fixed issue with setting proximity alerts. The unit of measure can be changed by entering the 'Proximity Alarms' page, pressing the 'Menu' key, and selecting 'Change Units'
Important steps for future BaseCamp Compatibility:
If you are a user of BaseCamp now, or plan to be in the future, you must follow these steps to ensure your data is protected during this software update:
- Connect your handheld unit to a computer and launch BaseCamp. Transfer all tracks, routes and waypoints to BaseCamp.
- Delete the /Garmin/GPX folder from the handheld's mass storage.
- Update the handheld's software via WebUpdater and reboot the handheld.
- Reconnect the handheld to a computer and transfer your data from BaseCamp back to the handheld.